Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge SNTODBD45

Hi Everyone!

This is a card I made for the latest Our Daily Bread Designs Challenge Stamping in Time to use "fall colors". I'm just barely getting this in on time, but better late than never as they say.





I used Psalm 138:3 from ODBD Scripture #2 Collection. Beautiful verse that I am very fond of...the key to this is you have to "pray" first.

Someone on Split Coast Stampers did this technique of using fibers as an outline instead of sewing the outline...can't remember who it was, but I'll post it when I find it. I'll do anything to not have to break out my sewing machine. I'm beginning to think that I should though. I just don't have room for one more thing out on the counter in my craft room! We'll see...

For papers, I used more mustard, very vanilla, pumpkin pie, old olive (Stampin Up) and the red is from a DCWV matstack with earth colors. I used old olive ink for the image and more mustard to sponge the image and the embossed mat. The fiber around the image are from my old weaving stash. I used the Scrollwork embossng folder from Cuttlebug and the Classic Ovals Large die and my new Classic Scalloped Ovals Large die from Spellbinders for the image and mat. Miscellaneous items used are ribbon, adhesive pearls, brads, frond punch (Martha Stewart), Petite Petals punch (McGill), Jolee's stickers, piercer, and a sponge.

Thanks for looking!

Blessings!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Lovely, Kathy, I like the colors that you chose for this card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!