Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Christmas One Sheet Wonder 8 x 8

Hi there!

This is a project I've been wanting to do for a while, a Christmas OSW. I cut this out about a month ago, and finally got to it the past couple of days. I love doing these, and now I have 9 more Christmas cards to send out.

These K&Co Glad Tidings papers are so pretty. I love the bright white and red with them too. The thing I like the most about the OSW, is that it gets my create juices going. I usually end up discovering something new to do for future cards. For example, the card I posted earlier "Christmas Poinsettia" was a result of working on these.

Here are all the cards together, there are 9 of them.


Here are the individual cards, #6 is my favorite.

Card #1:


Card #2:


Card #3


Card #4


Card #5:


Card #6: ***This one is my favorite***


Card #7:


Card # 8:


Card #9:


Lots of ingredients for these!

Papers: White (Georgia Pacific), ruby slipper (Bazzills), old olive, always artichoke (SU), Glad Tidings matstack & 12 x 12 paper (K&Co).
Stamps: Warm words, short & sweet, teeny tiny wishes, vintage vogue (SU), spiritual sketches (Inkadinkado), "Merry Christmas" (PSX), a merry little christmas set (JustRite).
Punches: Snowflake (Marvy), scalloped circle, 1 3/8" circle, modern label, word window, large oval, scalloped oval, scalloped trim border (SU)
Embossing Folders: Perfect polka dots, petals-a-Plenty, framed tulips, square lattice (SU).
Accessories: Glad Tidings Adhesive Chipboard (K&Co), rhinestones, adhesive pearls and swirls, ribbon, buttons, flowers & berries (floral stash), liquid pearls, markers - real red & always artichoke (SU).

If you would like the layout and some measurements for the One Sheet Wonder 8 x 8, you can find it on previous posts here.

Thanks for looking!

Blessings!

Kathy

15 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I love your cards. Thanks for the explanation too,I will save this and use it next year.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Jogry/bali

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous! love the cards you came up with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy,
    These are beautiful!
    I have never done a OSW set, but you have me in the mood to give it a try!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    True :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are simply gorgeous! One Sheet Wonder cards are my favorite and it's always fun to see what others come up with. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Judy I, St. Louis MONovember 12, 2011 at 3:05 PM

    What beautiful cards. I've never done OSW, but it looks like fun and a great way to use cardstock without too much waste. Thanks for the great inspiration and for the link to your previous post with the cutting directions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are all so beautiful! Just don't ask me to pick a favorite...smile...I like them all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They are all so elegant and lovely! It's hard to pick a favorite, but I will go with No. 8...
    So glad I came across your blog!
    Hugs & Blessings
    Patsy Bocook
    see what I'm up to at:
    www.anewcreationforyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, Kathy, these are incredible. So many completely different looks inspired by one sheet of patterned paper. WOO HOO!! They turned out so awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Kathy these are gorgeous!
    You rocked this OSW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so awesome! Thanks for sharing these lovely cards!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this idea! I wish I could read the measurements on the post that shows the layout on the 8 x 8 sheet. If you would be willing to share them, please email me at kurtskd at yahoo dot com. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seen these on Pintrest, BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. the Christmas cards are justbeautiful. thank you s very much for sharing your ideas. have a sunshine ay

    ReplyDelete
  14. You created the best OSW! thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Très belles, jolis papiers et jolies décos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!