Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Heartfelt Creations - Altered Frame

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some more inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!



 


This week I have an unfinished wood frame I bought at Michaels that I altered with designer papers and stamps (old and new ones).  The main part of the frame has one of the designer paper images with the birdhouse in the bottom right corner.  I used Mod Podge to glue it to the frame and cut the paper for the opening and and trimmed the outside.  Then I just added a bunch of embellishments to it...you can add as much or as little as you want!  This was actually fun to make and would make a nice gift for someone!  Some of the embellishments I used are "leftovers" from other projects that I saved.  If you click on the picture, you get a better view of the details on it.  Also, complete instructions are at the end of the post.

Please visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the Designer's gorgeous creations this week along with instructions of how they created them!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #47 - use Scripture or uplifting sentiments.
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #158 - include something handmade.

I hope this gives you some inspiration and gift ideas!

Blessings!

Kathy



Delicate Asters Altered Frame

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:




















Other Products Used:

Paper: Solar White (Neenah), purple cardstock (DCWV)

Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Always Artichoke (SU)

Accessories: Florentine Gold Microbeads (Martha Stewart), adhesive pearls (Want2Scrap), metal stickers (Michaels), hole punch, mineral spirits, heat gun, Old Fashioned Olive Embossing Powder (SU), Eggplant Embossing Powder (Recollections), pop dots, scissors, unfinished wood frame (Michaels), sand paper, Mod Podge, foam brush, Olive Green Acrylic Paint (Michaels), craft knife, cutting mat, sponge, Prismacolor Pencils: Black Grape, Marine Green, Black, Cool Greys, French Greys, Jasmine, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Chocolate

Instructions:

Frame: Sand edges of frame if needed, wipe off dust, and paint with Olive Green Paint. Let dry. Use green designer paper with birdhouse for front of frame placing birdhouse on lower right. Add to frame with Mod Podge, let dry, and trim excess with craft knife. Sand and ink edges with Always Artichoke. On lower left corner, stamp large Twining Aster (Delicate Twining Aster Set) and color with pencils. On top left corner, stamp flourish (Rye Grass Flourish Set) with Always Artichoke Ink.

Embellishments: On Solar White with Onyx Black Ink, stamp 1 butterfly (Delicate Asters & Butterflies Set), 2 of each flower and 3 leaves (Delicate Asters Set), large birdhouse (Bird Haven Set), 2 flying birds & 1 sitting bird (Brookside Manor), and 1 small bucket (Classic Editions Set). Color all with pencils. Fussy cut butterfly and cut remainder with match dies. On purple designer paper with VersaMark Ink, stamp 2 large, 2 medium, 4 small, 4 extra small flowers (Bold Delicate Asters Set), and heat emboss with Eggplant Embossing Powder. On green designer paper with VersaMark Ink, stamp 3 leaves (from same set) and heat emboss with Old Fashioned Olive Embossing Powder. Cut all with matching dies. Cut 3 tiny flowers from the same die set with purple designer paper for the “bold” flower center. Shape and assemble flowers as shown and add microbeads to centers. With Solar White Cardstock, cut 2 fences (Garden Romance Die) and 1 hanger (Decorative Metal Die). With green designer paper, cut 2 branches (Classic Editions Die). Make small slit in bucket and insert branches and glue. Add all embellishments to frame as shown.

Frame insert: With Solar White Paper and Onyx Black Ink, stamp corner script aster (Script Aster Background Set) and Bible Verse (Believe Set) as shown. Color aster with pencils and cut to fit inside frame. Finish back of frame with purple cardstock and Mod Podge. Add flying bird with pop dot and add pearls.

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh how gorgeous Kathy!! I just love how you put all those sets together to create that stunning frame. Beautiful my friend!!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Kathy! So Beautifully done, a lot of really neat details there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have never known that this was one of those little wooden frames from Michaels. All the elememtes are just gorgeous! I love the sweetness of the birds and swirls, too. Just gorgeous. Your works always delights me, and I'm so so grateful that you share it in our challenges. Thanks SO MUCH, and have a blessed week.
    Karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning!! You used just the right amount of everything... captivating, but not overdone!! You can just mail it to me instead of HC... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Simply beautiful. I voted for you and they would be crazy not to keep you on the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful frame! I love that verse and the embellishments are perfect. Thanks for joining us this week at SSiC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great design and use of a simple frame...The color combo is amazing and love the scripture you incorporated. Thank you for blessing us with your art this week at Word Art Wednesday. Hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!