Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Heartfelt Creations - Vintage Floret Photo Book

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for some more inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!  This week I made a photo "brag" book using the new designer papers.  Here's the front of the book.  (Note: Click on any picture to get a better view.)



 
 
 
Here's a side view...



Here is the inside of the book with a picture in it and one of the sentiment blocks from the designer papers.  This is a picture of my Mom & Dad who have since passed away.  This is the best picture I have of them before their health deteriated and one that I cherish.




The back of the book...




A view from above...


 
 

I really love these photo brag books!  They are easy to make and make a pretty gift.  I've done these for new moms to have for themselves and to give to the new grandparents!

I hope this gives you some inspiration on using this gorgeous Vintage Floret Collection!  Complete instructions for this are at the bottom of the post and also on the HC Blog.  Please visit the HC Blog to see all the designer's stunning creations this week!

I'm submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #50.

Blessings!

Kathy



Vintage Floret Photo Book

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:










Other Products Used:

Paper: Olive Linen (Recollections)

Ink: Rich Cocoa (Momento)

Accessories: Crop-A-Dial, Bow-Easy, Cream & Rose Petal Seam Binding (Really Reasonable Ribbon), pearl string, lace (Jo-Anns), fibers (weaving stash), adhesive pearls (Recollections), Modern Label Punch (Stampin’ Up!), clear bags A-2 size 4 5/8” x 5 3/4" (Clearbags)

Instructions:

Follow tutorial on Split Coast Stampers for “Clear Envelope Brag Book”.  For the back and spine of book, use light pink designer paper.  For the front of the book, use the designer paper with the flower pot image.  Follow the tutorial for assembly and adding the clear bags inside for photos.  Punch 2 holes on the spine.  For the inside of book, add sentiment block beginning with “Celebrate today…” from the designer paper.  Ink the edges with Rich Cocoa and add a mat to it with the Olive cardstock.

Embellishments: On the brighter pink designer paper and Rich Cocoa Ink, stamp 3 smallest florets from Open Vintage Floret Set, 2 smallest and 1 largest from Mini Vintage Floret Set.  On green designer paper, stamp 2 leaf shaped florets.  Die cut all with the matching dies.  Ink edges, shape, and assemble as desired.

On the lighter pink designer paper (reverse of the front cover paper), die cut the metal fixture from the Decorative Metal Fixtures Dies.  Reverse the large waste piece in the middle and replace it inside.  Stamp sentiment on pink paper, cut out with punch, and ink edges.  Tuck inside fixture and adhere.  Add lace to the spine with Scor-tape.  Add ribbons and pearl string as shown and glue flower on top.  Make bows from fibers with Bow-Easy and add all embellishments as shown.

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! And what a treasure for you with your Parents photographs in it. I promised my Mother that I would put her pics in a scrapbook and this gives me ideas...tfs...Blessings, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kathy, that lace is quite divine. And the card is oh, so sweet! Love those deep, rich colors. Just beautiful, and I feel so blessed when you share your gorgeous creations in our challenges at Word Art Wednesday. I know I'm selfish, I admit it - but I just LOVE getting to see your beautiful creations each week!! WOW, this is so sweet. Thanks for linking up, and have a wonderful week.
    Blessings to you always,
    karen L
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful!! Love how you've put it together. The colors are lovely too.

    Thanks so much for sharing your art with us on WAW.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy...What a beauty!! this is awesome....I love your book, and all your pretty elements on it....its Gorgeous!! Wow!!
    Hugs
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, your DP's are fantastic and those flowers are great. Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday and hope to see you in our Challenges every week. Praying for blessings in your life.

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful album!!! Love the photo of your parents! Precious!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!