Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

CottageCutz Happy Birds

Hi everyone!

Today I havea Happy Birds card for you to share using CottageCutz Dies!  I love this Bluebird Die with the bird, branch, and flowers!  You can use each separately or all together!


You can click on the photo for a closer look


I couldn't decide whether to use blue or lavender on this, so I decided to use both of them!  I cut all the die pieces in Solar White Cardstock and colored them with VersaMagic Chalk inks (Eggplant, Hint of Pesto, and Aegean Blue).  I arranged them around the Oval Doily & Frame Die and placed it on a white mat embossed with a folder.  I added some Buttercup Liquid Pearls to the flower centers, adhesive pearls and a twine bow.

Here are the dies I used on this:






Card recipe:

Stamp: Sentiments Collection (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), Baja Breeze (SU), Chateau Lavender Stack (DCWV)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Eggplant, Hint of Pesto, Aegean Blue (VersaMagic)
Accessories: Bluebird, Oval Doily & Frame Dies (CottageCutz), blue twine (Jo-Ann's), Buttercup and White Opal Liquid Pearls (Ranger), adhesive pearls (Want-2-Scrap), Molding Kit & Mat (McGill), Birds & Swirls Embossing Folder (Cuttlebug), Bow-Easy, Sponge

I'm submitting this to the latest Word Art Wednesday Challenge #70 - Anything Goes.

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I just love those die cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..., this is BEAUTIFUL Kathy !!!
    Big hugs,
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazinf card, love these dies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE how you have layered the birds' wings, and also really like the soft sweet colors you've used. Your typical GORGEOUS bow looks almost like a nest, and is the perfect touch. How incredibly beautiful, kathy. Thank you so much for sharing!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is absolutely stunning. The way you paper pieced those birds is so lovely. I love the elegance and the colors you used for this creation. Thanks for blessing us with your creation this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful, such a great softness to the colors, great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!