Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Heartfelt Creations & Scor-Pal Cross Promotion

Happy Wednesday!

Today we are doing a cross promotion with Scor-Pal. Please visit the Heartfelt Creation blog at www.heartfeltcreations.us/blog and the Scor-Pal blog at http://scor-pal.blogspot.com/. Prepare to be blown away with all the amazing project featuring the Scor-Pal and Heartfelt Creations products.

I love my Scor-Pal Products and have been using them for years!  I use the Scor-Pal, Scor-Buddy and Scor-Tape all the time!  I just got the new version of the Scor-Pal that has measures in 1/8" and love that too!  I would be lost without my Scor-Tape, I use it for all my trims, box making, anything that needs extra adhesive power!

For my card today, I used the Summer Season Set with this beautiful Summer image and the Ornate Gateway Die for the window.  This shows the gate closed that I decorated with flowers and vines.



 
 

Here is the gate opened showing the beautiful Summer Season Image.  I just love the pinks and greens in the designer papers and colored the image to match.  I used my Prismcolor Pencils and mineral spirits to color this...one of my favorite things to do!






Make sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations and Scor-Pal Blogs to see all the beautiful creations!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday #86  - Anything Goes

Blessings!

Kathy


Summer Season

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:














 

Other Products Used:

Paper: White Cardstock, Solar White (Neenah), Baby Pink (Coordinations)

Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Forest Moss, Vintage Photo Distress Inks (Ranger)

Accessories: Scor-tape 1/4", Petal Pink Liquid Pearls (Ranger), Sweet Pea Flower Soft, High Tack PVA Glue (Flower Soft), Bow-Easy, White Silk Ribbon (May Arts), lace trim, adhesive pearls (Recollections), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Cloud Blue, Pink Rose, Henna, Ginger Root, Pale Sage, Kelp Green, Moss Green, Marine Green, Green Ochre, Light Umber, Chocolate, Espresso

Instructions:

Cut white cardstock 9” x 6-1/4”, score and crease at 4-1/2” to make a 4-1/2” x 6-1/4” card base.  Cut pink designer paper 4-5/16” x 6-1/16” and cut an opening for the image with Labels 1 Die.

Stamp image on Solar White with Onyx Black and color with pencils.  Add liquid pearls and flower soft to flower beds.  Adhere image to front of card base placing it so it will show through “window” opening.  Add mat to card base with pop dots.  Add a piece of lace trim as shown with Scor-tape.  Die cut gates with green designer paper and add as shown to the mat.  Stamp sentiment words on Baby Pink paper with Forest Moss and trim words.  Add words to a small piece of designer paper and add below trim with pop dots.

Stamp 2 each of the small Posy Patch flowers with Vintage Photo Ink on Solar White, color and cut with die.  Shape flower and add pearls to centers.  Die cut leaves from Gift Ensemble Die, adhere to gate door and add flowers.  Add bow and adhesive pearls.


 

10 comments:

  1. Kathy, this is just stunning. I LOVE your coloring. I need to take some classes from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the colors on this one. Pink and green just speak to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love the colors and flowers, and especially the scene behind the gates. Beautiful coloring also. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely and great instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous, lovely embellishing of the gate and your scene is so terrific and calming!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh WOW! This is such a wonderful card. Love the beautiful colors and gorgeous design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! Intricate, beautiful and it makes me want to go hang out some clothes.
    We appreciate your participation in our weekly AG challenge. Thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us at WAW.
    Psalm 23 Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just STUNNING, Kathy. I love the soft muted colors and sweet touches. THanks so much for sharing another delightful creation with us.
    God bless you!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pink sheets! Every time I see this card, they make me happy. So artfully made, Kathy....I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing, beautiful card! So many neat details! And you know, I love the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!