Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Thursday, September 12, 2013

CottageCutz Jolly Cardinal


Happy Thursday everyone!

Today I have a Christmas card using a new CottageCutz die called "Jolly Cardinal".  Is he cute or what?




I just LOVE birds, and cardinals are definitely one of my favorites!  As soon as I saw this little guy, I know I HAD to have it!  I love the scarf and little ear muffs, too cute!

Using the Jolly Cardinal Die, I die cut red for the body and green and white for the branch.  The remaining pieces were cut with white cardstock and colored with chalk inks. 

I used aqua for the card base and red and white for the mats.  The white mat was embossed on the upper portion only, stamped with a sentiment, distressed a little and glued to the red mat.  Then I added ribbon and popped the mat on the card base.  To finish the card I added a snowflake button and a bakers twine bow!

Here's a little close up of the Jolly Cardinal!  So cute!





Card recipe:

CottageCutz Die: Jolly Cardinal
Stamp: Merry (Recollections)
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), aqua (DCWV), Ruby Slipper (Bazzills), green (Recollections)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Real Red (SU), Barely Banana (Powder Puffs), Vintage Photo Distress Ink (Ranger), Agean Blue (VersaMagic)
Accessories: White Gel Pen, black marker, Branches With Leaves Embossing Folder (Sizzix), bakers twine (Martha Stewart), ribbon, buttons (Michaels), distressing tool (Ranger), Bow-Easy

I'm submiting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #97 - Anything Goes
Crafty Cardmakers #99 - Snow or Ice

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings!

Kathy



 

5 comments:

  1. How cute! You've really been the busy crafter this week, Kathy. I don't know that I could get that many cards done in a week...let alone have them be as SUPER CUTE as yours are. Thanks so much for sharing your darling cards with us, and I really do hope you're having a blessed week!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that deeply embossed background, and the lovely bright flashes of red.

    Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card with us

    Lin xx
    Crafty Cardmakers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is lovely - such a sweet image and fabulous embossing.

    Thanks for joining my 'Christmas Snow and Ice' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww this is so cute! Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers for our "Christmas Snow And Ice" Challenge.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. adorable, just love those little ear muffs, too cute!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!