Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Flourishes Guest Designer


Happy Tuesday everyone!

I'm so excited to be chosen as a Guest Designer this month for Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenges!  I love to color Flourishes' beautiful images with pencils and mineral spirits, so I jumped as the chance to join them this month!  Thank you Allison for having me!

The Timeless Tuesday Challenge #236 for this week is "Double Wrap" - use at least 2 kinds of ribbon.  For the challenge, I used blue seam binding and golden brown silk ribbon for the bows.



 



The image I used is from the Dahlias Set.  I love this flower image with the little vases, so much fun to color!  I decided on this pretty blue and golden brown color combo for coloring the image and then added all the remaining papers and ribbons to match.  Prismacolor Pencils used are Muted Turquoise, Yellow Ochre, Goldenrod, Chocolate, Black and Kelp Green. 


Here's a little close up of the image.




For my card, I die cut the Dahlias image with Labels 8, cut a blue mat in the next die size up and embossed it.  The image is popped on the blue mat then the blue mat is framed with tan cardstock die cut with Decorative Labels 8.  This is then popped on a blue card base with a white mat. 

The "Hello" sentiment, also from the Dahlias Set, is stamped on white cardstock with black ink, punched with an oval punch and inked.  This was matted with a blue scalloped oval using a punch and pierced around the edges.  The bows and adhesive pearl were added to finish this!

Be sure to visit all the talented designers to see their beautiful creations for the challenge this week!
 
I'm also submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #95 - Anything Goes
TLC445 - Revisit TLC133 - Gamsol Magic with a twist!

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy



 

13 comments:

  1. Beautiful card - love the color combo and your coloring is wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous. Love the blue and brown color combo. Beautiful details.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!Beautiful card!!!Love the colors,Awesome coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layering of your die-cuts, and a wonderful color combination on this. SUCH a pretty card, Kathy. Thank you so much for taking the time to share with us, and may God bless your week!
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. The browns and blue look so beautiful have such a harmony about them. It is such a very beautiful card.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this beautiful artwork with us.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layers and colors you have chosen with this challenge! Beautiful coloring and perfect bows! Look forward to seeing more of your beautiful creations this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so beautiful and the colors so soothing. Thank you for sharing it with us. Your coloring is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the colors and pretty layers, and your coloring is amazing! I've just started learning to color with pencils--they are completely different from using markers, but I love the way they look. I'm so glad you are joining us this month! Can't wait to see what you come up with every week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Kathy!! LOVE the Dahlias in Blue!! What a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous coloring and I love all the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Simply gorgeous! Congrats on the GDT spot! Your coloring is outstanding as always....

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kathy! Your card is stunning! I love your tan and blue colour combo and your double coloured bow is so gorgeous! Can you teach me how to tie bows like that?!? LOL! Fabulous job this week! Thanks so much for joining us for the month. Can't wait to see what you have in store for us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kathy, this is lovely! I am so happy to have you with us this month and can't wait to see what you create....if this is any indication of what is still in store for us, then we are all in for some gorgeous cards....what an awesome way to start your Guest Designer month. Your coloring is beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!