Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Heartfelt Creations - Season of Joy Collection

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's time for the new release from Heartfelt Creations - The Season of Joy Collection!

The Season of Joy Collection has been put together so you can create your most elegant Christmas cards, layouts and 3D projects. Create gorgeous typography backgrounds in your favorite Christmas hues. The hand-drawn, detailed stamps provide new excitement to every Christmas project you'll create as the snow flies and the hot cocoa simmers on the stove. Feel your heart ignite with passion and excitement as you delight yourself with the Frosty Blanket Paper Collection. Match the ornate poinsetta stamp with the cutting-edge Sun Kissed Fleur die and you'll save time while creating your Christmas projects.

And for 4 weeks only, gift yourself with the whole collection and save $20 off the regular price!
With this set you can create the most elegant, delicate creations your friends and family have seen. Being a smile to your loved ones' faces. See the Season of Joy Collection here.

Win The Collection: Leave a comment on the Heartfelt Creations blog by September 17th to be eligible to win the entire collection. The winner will be announced on the blog on September 18th, so make sure you check back to see if you won.
Watch the latest video: Click Here to watch the latest videos and learn how to make a quick glittery background, dimensional Christmas Tree, and cut out 10 poinsettias at once.
 
Here is my first creation with the collection, a card using the Christmas Sentiment Circles and Christmas Poinsettia Sets and the Frosty Blanket Paper Collection..


(Click on photo for a closer view)




I love this blue and burgandy color combination for Christmas!  I used pencils to color the flower and sentiment circle to match the papers and added Night of Navy Ink for the edges and for the branch image (Elegant Joy Set) on the designer paper mat.  This would be a fairly easy card to duplicate, which I might do for some of my Christmas Cards this year!

My next project is an ornament using the Banner & Tree Die!






This little ornament was easy to put together and I really like how it came out!  I used the designer papers to cut 5 of the trees with the die and glued the sides together with a string and a bell in the middle.  Then I just decorated it with a bow, a white snowflake using the die in the set and a little poinsettia flower done the same as the flower on the card.  Another fairly easy project to make a few of for Christmas Gifts!

I hope I have given you a little inspiration for Christmas using this new collection, I had so much fun making these!  Be sure to visit the Heartfelt Creations Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week!  So many awesome projects to look at!

I'm submitting this to the following Challenges:

Word Art Wednesday #97 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy




Merry Christmas Card

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3561 – Christmas Sentiment Circles PreCut Set
HCPC 3557 – Chrismas Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCPC 3560 – Elegant Joy PreCut Set
HCD 734 – Sun Kissed Fleur Die
HCPC1 225 – Frosty Blanket PaperCollection
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue –Dries Clear
Product ID: 452255 – Grand Calibur
Product ID: 368770 – Scor-Pal
Product ID: 352854 – Metal Glue Tip – Art Institute

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah), white cardstock, June Berry (Coredinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Standard Circles Small, Large Petite Scallops (Spellbinders), Wine Gingham 3/8” Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Bow-Easy, button fiber, adhesive pearls, sponge, Fired Brick Distress Stickles (Ranger), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Periwinkle, Black, Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry

Instructions:
Make an A-2 card base (4-1/4” x 5-1/2”) with white cardstock.  Cut mat with June Berry measuring 4-1/16” x 5-5/16”.   Using Frosty Blanket Paper Collection, cut mats as follows: multi colored 3-7/8” x 5-1/8” and blue designer paper 3-7/8” x 2-1/2”.  Glue blue paper to bottom of multi paper.  Stamp branch with Night of Navy Ink on lower left corner and slightly on the top right corner of the mat and ink edges.  Glue to June Berry mat, wrap piece of ribbon across and glue to card base.

Stamp sentiment on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink and color as desired.  Cut with circles die and ink edges.  Cut blue designer paper with scalloped circles die, ink edges and add sentiment with pop dots.  Add to card with pop dots.  Stamp 3 small flowers, color, shape and glue to sentiment.  Add stickles to flower centers.  Add bow, button with fiber bow and adhesive pearls.


Christmas Tree Ornament

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3557 – Chrismas Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCPC1 225 – Frosty Blanket PaperCollection
HCD 739 – Banner & Tree Die
HCD 734 – Sun Kissed Fleur Die
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue –Dries Clear
Product ID: 452255 – Grand Calibur
Product ID: 368770 – Scor-Pal
Product ID: 352854 – Metal Glue Tip – Art Institute

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Night of Navy (SU)
Accessories: Silver wired string, bell, Bow-Easy, Wine 3/8” Gingham Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Fired Brick Distress Stickles (Ranger), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Periwinkle, Black

Instructions:
Cut 5 trees from blue designer paper with Banner & Tree Die.  Score each piece down center and crease.  Glue half a tree at a time with another half using glue and metal tip.  Before gluing last 2 sides together, add string wire for hanging and add bell to bottom.  Glue last sides together.  Add stickles as desired.  Add bow to top.

Cut snowflake from Solar White with die.  Stamp 2 smallest flowers on Solar White with Onyx Black, color, cut with Sun Kissed Fleur Die and shape.  Glue flower and snowflake together and add to bow.





 

8 comments:

  1. Both are gorgeous and I especially love the ornament! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever! I love the Christmas tree ornament! The card is perfection...that red gingham bow makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley gorgeous, I love the blues on the first one, gorgeous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeoue card and ornament. Love the new collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous projects. I just love that ornament.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely LOVE seeing blues in Christmas cards. It's a little less "traditional" but it's just SO lovely, and to me....it gives a feeling of cold and snow. I just LOVE it! Your creativity astonishes me, Kathy. You amaze me with your talent, and I feel SO blessed to have you share your projects in our challenges. May God richly bless you for being such a joy to know!
    Big hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    OH...LOL - I'm rolling on the floor. I just typed "Big jugs" instead of Big hugs, and then saw it and corrected it. Too funny to not share. I needed that laugh, how about you??!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!