Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Heartfelt Creations - Striped Candy Cane

Happy Wednesday everyone!

It's time for some inspiration from Heartfelt Creations!

This week I have a card using the Striped Candy Cane Set!  I just love this set and had so much fun coloring it!



(Click on the photo for a closer view)


I stamped the candy cane image and flowers on white and colored them with my pencils.  I love this burgundy and green color combination for Christmas!  I used Labels 23 and Labels 23 Grand to die cut the image and a burgundy designer paper mat.  The flower was then shaped, assembled, and added over the flower on the candy cane image.  Then I just popped it all on an embossed card base placing it above the fold.  I love how extending it highlights the image!

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the gorgeous creations by the designers this week!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #98 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy



Striped Candy Cane

Heartfelt Creations Products & Products Carried by HC:
HCPC 3561 – Christmas Sentiment Circles PreCut Set
HCPC 3557 – Chrismas Poinsettia PreCut Set
HCPC 3558 – Striped Candy Cane PreCut Set
HCPC1 225 – Frosty Blanket PaperCollection
HCD 734 – Sun Kissed Fleur Die
Product ID: 159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat
Product ID: 459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
Product ID: 159723 – Art Institute Glue –Dries Clear
Product ID: 452255 – Grand Calibur
Product ID: 368770 – Scor-Pal

Other Products Used:
Paper: Solar White (Neenah)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), VersaMark Ink
Accessories: White Embossing Powder (SU), heat tool, Bow-Easy, Olive Wrinkled Ribbon (Really Reasonable Ribbon), Labels 23, Grand Labels 23 (Spellbinders), fibers, 1” circle punch, Snowflake #9 Embossing Folder (Sizzix), adhesive pearls (Recollections), mineral spirits, Prismacolor Pencils: Mahogany Red, Black Raspberry, Kelp Green, Marine Green

Instructions:
Make an A-2 (4-1/4” x 5-1/2”) card base with white card stock and emboss with embossing folder.  Stamp candy cane image on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink and color with pencils.  Cut with Labels 23 Die.  Cut burgundy designer paper with Grand Labels 23 and add image with pop dots.  Add to card base as shown with pop dots. 

Stamp flowers on Solar White with Onyx Black Ink.  Color 4 of the smaller flowers (refer to picture) and cut with matching die.  Shape flowers with tool kit and mat and glue together as shown.  Glue to flower on image and add pearl to center.  Stamp sentiment on light green designer paper with VersaMark and heat emboss with white embossing powder.  Cut sentiment with circle punch.  Make small hole on top and attach with fiber to make a tag.  Add bow and adhere to card placing tag underneath.  Place pop dot under tag to hold in place.  Add adhesive pearl.





 

10 comments:

  1. absolutley gorgoeus, I love the candy canes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card. I love your coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Love your coloring on the image.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love every delicious detail of this card...but your coloring never fails to take my breath away. Those candy canes look real!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card!!!Love the image!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super sweet card, Kathy. I absolutely LOVE the candy canes (what a gorgeous stamp set). Thanks so much for sharing with us! Your art is always such a blessing to me, and I thank you for sharing with us!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautifully colored card. But most of all I appreciate the verses you share and your testimony for the Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I found your blog through SCS. Wow you have some incredibly gorgeous cards! I love the flower layers on these candy canes! Who knew candy canes could be so elegant?! Am loving looking through your blog and I am now following you by email! hugs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!