Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Stocking Gift Card Holders - CottageCutz

Happy  Sunday everyone!

Today I have a couple of gift card holders for you that I made with CottageCutz's Large Confectionery Bag and the Build-A-Christmas Stocking Dies!

I have one in red and greens:





And another in red and brown:






I love this Build-A-Christmas Stocking Die, perfect to decorate the front of these...so adorable!!! 

I made these holders with trim so they can be hung on the Christmas tree for Christmas morning.  You could also put candy in them like chocolates or candy canes and hang them like an ornament.  I think they will make cute gifts!

The first holder is made with double-sided designer paper and the second is cardstock so I added a piece of red cardstock inside it before assembling.  These are super easy to make!

Here are the dies I used on these:









Project recipe:

CottageCutz Dies: Large Confectionery Bag, Build-A-Christmas Stocking
Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Early Espresso (SU), Sugar Plums DP (Recollections)
Accessories: Red ric rack (Michaels), baker's twine (Martha Stewart), adhesive pearls, Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder (SU)

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #98 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today!  I hope I have given you a little inspiration for Christmas this year!

Blessings!

Kathy

2 comments:

  1. What sweet little Christmas pockets. I've never used these types of "cutting files" but just may have to give them a try. Thanks for, once again, inspiring me. And of course....thanks for sharing your lovely creations in our challenge.
    God bless you always!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous. Love the cute stockings, especially the brown & white one. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!