Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Happy Birthday - Heartfelt Creations

Happy Wednesday!

It's time for a little Heartfelt Creations inspiration!  Today I have a birthday card to show you using the Sweet Lullaby Collection.




I used the Sweet Lullaby Papers for the frame, the “Sweet” ticket, and the image of the little girl and kitten.  The “Happy Birthday” sentiment was stamped directly on the designer paper.  Then I just added some of the die cut flowers and stems and a bow with an adhesive pearl.  Very easy card to  put together and I think it's perfect for a little girl's birthday.

Here's a little close up of the pretty flowers that I made with the Sweet Lullaby and Sweet Juliet Dies.




Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the beautiful creations by the designers this week along with a new video from Emma Lou!

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #134 - Anything Goes

Thank you for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy


Happy Birthday

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3607 - Lullaby Darlings PreCut Set
HCD 746 - Sweet Lullaby Die
HCD 745 - Luggage & Tags Die
HCD 740 - Sweet Juliet Die
HCDP1 - 243 - Sweet Lullaby Paper Collection
452255 - Grand Calibur
368770 - Scor-Pal
SMP001 - Stamp Mat Pad
Spring Bling Prills
159723 - Art Institute Glue - Dries Clear
459222 - Paper Blossoms Tool Kit
159223 - Paper Blossoms Molding Mat

Other Products:

Paper: White (Recollections), Baby Pink (Coredinations)
Ink: Onyx Black (VersaFine), Forest Moss, Victorian Velvet Distress Inks (Ranger)
Accessories: Baby Pink Seam Binding, Bow-Easy (Really Reasonable Ribbon), cutting mat, craft knife, pop dots, glue dots, adhesive pearls.

Instructions: Make card base with white measuring 5 3/8" x 7 3/8". Mat with Baby Pink card stock measuring 5 1/4" x 7 1/4" and glue to card base. Cut card front (pictured) from designer papers and cut out inside frame using craft knife and cutting mat to create a frame. Ink the inside and outer edges with Forest Moss Ink. Trim little girl and kitten image from designer papers, trim it down to fit in frame and add to frame with pop dots. Add frame to card with pop dots. Die cut 3 flowers with Baby Pink card stock, shape and ink edges with Victorian Velvet. Die cut 2 leaf stems (Sweet Juliet Die) using light green designer paper and ink edges lightly with Forest Moss. Cut stems in half then arrange and glue stems and flowers on card as shown. Add Lettuce Entertain You Mini Prills to flower centers using Art Institute Glue Dries Clear. Cut “Sweet” ticket from designer papers and die cut with Luggage & Tags Die. Slightly curl with fingers and add to card as pictured with pop dots. Make 3 loop bow with Baby Pink Seam Binding using Bow-Easy Tool and add to card as shown using glue dots. Add light green adhesive pearl to bow center.

11 comments:

  1. This is so sweet, Kathy! I love the way you used your dies to create a frame for the card front. And your bows are always perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful Kathy! I seen this on the Heartfelt Creations blog, I should have known (before I seen your name lol) that you made it. I may have to "borrow" your idea of putting the frame on top. I love how this turned out, great as always! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent birthday card Kathy. Love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful creation Kathy, love the image, beautiful colours and embellishments.
    pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card!!! Hugs and blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello Kathy, wonderful card, love the layers you have created, with the papers, gorgeous flowers and colours.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely beautiful as always Kathy! You are always so inspiring : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a stunning Birthday card Kathy. Gorgeous colors and gorgeous design paper.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!