Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Monday, May 12, 2014

Happy Father's Day - CottageCutz


Happy Monday!

Today I have a Father's Day card for you using CottageCutz Dies from The Scrapping Cottage.  I've used Happy, Father's Day, and Canadian Goose.




To create my card, I started with a black card base and added a Kraft mat that was embossed with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder and inked with Creamy Cocoa and Java Chalk Inks.  A smaller mat was made with Chance Designer Paper that was matted with Black.

The dies were cut with black, Natural White, Kraft, and Crushed Olive Distressed Papers and inked with Creamy Cocoa and Java Chalk Inks.  I added the sentiment pieces by running them through my Xyron Machine.  The other pieces were glued together and then added to the smaller mat using pop dots.  Then I just added a button with a twine bow.

These are the dies I used.







Card Recipe:

Paper: Natural White (Neenah), Kraft, Black (Recollections), Chance (Serendipity), Crushed Olive Distressed (Coredinations)
Ink: Creamy Cocoa, Java (PowderPuffs - Quick Quotes)
Accessories: Xyron Create-a-sticker, pop dots, twine, fibers, Square Lattice Embossing Folder (SU), button, white gel pen.

I'm submitting this to the following challenges:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #131 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by!

Blessings!

Kathy

5 comments:

  1. hi Kathy, what a fantastic man card!!..hate doing them..love the goose die cut. and fabulous layout.
    hugs pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, this is lovely! The background is so pretty, and your geese are wonderful. You do such amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SO fun, Kathy! You are so super creative with everything you do, and I thank you SO MUCH for sharing your talents with us. It means so much to me, and I thank you!
    God bless your week,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card, where is it possible to buy the dies you used? Love you design ideas. Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! These are CottageCutz Dies from The Scrapping Cottage. You can click on the links I provided above.

      Delete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!