Be Joyful

Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice! Let your gentleness be known to all men. The Lord is at hand. Be anxious for nothing, but in EVERYTHING by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the PEACE OF GOD, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7

These are verses I memorized years ago and they are written on my heart. There are times when I still need to remember not to be anxious, but I eventually listen to my heart saying these verses. I didn't really understand what the "peace of God" was until I experienced it. It's having peace inside you, even when you're going through heartbreaking situations and trials. It does "surpass ALL understanding" and you know it comes from GOD alone. Praise the Lord for His wonderful promises!


I love, love, love what I do. I am passionate about the things I create and the talents God has placed in me. I SO appreciate the time you take to look at my things and the comments you all leave me!

Blessings to you!

Kathy

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Heartfelt Creations New Release - Everyday Heroes Collection


Happy Wednesday!

It's time for the new release for April, the Everyday Heroes Collection!

Do you have an unsung hero in your life? Your champion may never have a medal pinned to his or her chest, but you can demonstrate your gratitude with the Everyday Heroes Collection from Heartfelt Creations. These epic stamps, dies and papers salute the extraordinary "ordinary people" who inspire us as they live their daily lives with honor and integrity. Greys, teals, khakis, creams and browns have been blended with distressed newsprint, vintage maps, globes, sailing ships, timepieces, combat boots, stripes, dots and flourishes to create a rugged, paper collection that is timeless in its appeal. Six deeply etched cling stamp sets featuring detailed collages, inspiring sentiments and unique circular elements mesh perfectly with the paper collection and matching set of dies. Let's sing the praises of the unsung heroes in our lives with the Everyday Heroes Collection from Heartfelt Creations!

This is a wonderful collection to use for masculine projects, but it also can be used for feminine projects more like my card this week.



I used the designer paper for my card, cutting a corner of one of the 12" x 12" papers. I love the floral image on this and the beautiful colors. I stamped one of the new sentiments on it and added some ribbons, trim and mats to match the colors. Very simple card to put together!

Be sure to visit the HC Blog to see all the wonderful projects by the designers this week! What a creative bunch we have!

I'm submitting this to the following challenge:

Word Art Wednesday Challenge #178 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Blessings!

Kathy


Only One Like You

Heartfelt Creations Products and Products Carried by HC:

HCPC 3666 - Everyday Hero Cling
HCDP1-253 - Everyday Heroes Paper Collection
368770 - Scor-Pal

Other Products:

Paper: off-white, brown (DCWV Stack), teal (Coredinations)
Inks: Black Onyx (VersaFine), Frayed Burlap Distress
Accessories: Scotch Mounting Tape, Scor-Tape, glue dots, Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue, Bow-Easy Tool, Dark Brown Jute String (Really Reasonable Ribbon), 3/8" brown ribbon, brown twine, teal trim (Jo-Ann's), Bisque and Platinum Liquid Pearls.

Instructions: Card measures 4 3/4" x 6". Cut brown card stock 4 3/4" x 12", score at 6" and fold. Cut off-white mat 4 9/16" x 5 13/16", teal mat 4 3/8" x 5 5/8" and glue together. Using designer paper with roses in all 4 corners, cut upper left corner measuring 4 3/16" x 5 7/16". Stamp sentiment on lower right, ink edges with Frayed Burlap Ink and glue to mats. Wrap 2 pieces of brown ribbon across as pictured and adhere with Scor-Tape. Cut piece of teal trim to fit across ribbon center and adhere with Scor-Tape. Make 3-loop bow with Dark Brown Jute String and another with Soapstone Seam Binding next size bow down. Add as pictured using Aleene's Fast Grab Tacky Glue. Thread brown twine in button and glue to bow center with glue dots. Dot small flowers on designer papers with Liquid Pearls.

11 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love the pretty trim!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple elegance of this beautiful card! The bow treatment is perfection! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, this one just about took my breath away! It is so beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that bow just adds so much elegance to the card panel :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. So elegant and pretty! I love your choice of paper from this collection!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, this card is a beauty...elegant and romantic! I love the bow!
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. How beautiful, Kathy! I love the seam binding bow, and all the soft sweet touches you add to your lovely cards. It's always a special treat to have you share your talents with us and play along. I appreciate it A WHOLE LOT!
    I hope that all is well in your neck of the woods. I prayed for you this morning. Have a blessed day!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful card Kathy! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy, Thanks for sharing Phil 4:4-7 this morning. I too memorized it many years ago. It was a wonderful reminder of GOd's grace for us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for blessing me with your sweet comments!